Friday, May 11, 2012

China Glaze Summer Neons Swatches & Review

I have a very special post for you guys today!!!! You all know that I bought the whole China Glaze Summer Neon's collection last week and I promised you all swatches on them. For those of you that don't know this collection can already be purchased at Cosmo prof, however if you aren't a hairstylist or nail tech or such then unfortunately you cant shop in one :( However Sally Beauty Supply will be selling them as of June 1st!!!! I will warn you this is pretty picture heavy. I used 2 coats for each color and all are taken with flash in artificial light and without top coat.

Splish Splash is an awesome blue shimmer.  The application was flawless, nice and easy with no streaks. I'm in love with blue these days so this was right up my ally. Unfortunately I don't like that with 2 coats you can still see VNL so I would do a 3rd coat for a manicure.


Love's a Beach is an insanely pink shimmer. This would be an awesome pedicure color in the summer. It applied soo easy, and is such a gorgeous color that i'm absolutely in love with it!!!!! I love that fact that you don't really see any VNL with this color :)


I'm With the Lifeguard is a green shimmer. This color really reminds me of the perfect summer color. Its so bright and happy, I couldn't stop staring at it. Downfall again is that I would use a 3rd coat of this as there is some VNL but this color is prefect besides that.


Beach Cruise-r is a purple shimmer. I find it was a bit of a pink undertone which I absolutly love!!!! This was one of the colors that I was most excited to see in person from the previews and it didn't disappoint!!!  


Pink Plumeria is a light pink shimmer. This color reminds me of bubblegum!! Its such a pretty color the photos really don't do it justice. This is probably my favorite color out of the whole group but again id due another coat to get rid of the VNL. But everything else about this color is nothing but pure perfection!!!!


Under the Boardwalk is a purple jelly. There are only 2 jellies in this whole collection. Now i'm not a huge fan on jellies unless i'm gonna do a glitter sandwich with them mostly because of that darn VSN. And in order to get rid of that with a jelly I find you need way to many coats. However I was pleasantly surprised to see that with only 2 coats there isn't much VNL with this particular color which I'm sooo happy about as its really pretty :)


Orange You Hot? is a orange shimmer that has more of a yellow undertone to it. This color is insanely bright, the pictures just didn't capture it. You would need to use a 3rd coat again to get rid of that VNL but its just soo pretty. Would be awesome with a great tan for the summer.


Flirty Tankini is a medium pink/coral shimmer. As you can tell there are quiet a few pinks in this collection but they are all different hues and tones which as awesome!!! A girl can never have enough pinks. This one was a pleasant surprise for me. I love how it has the coral tone to it.


Hang-ten Toes is another pink shimmer. However this is a very cool toned pink that is really bright and prefect for the pink lovers out there. It could use a 3rd coat as per usual for that VNL but its just sooo pretty, and so appropriate for the season. However this is the one color that I found hard to apply it was a bit streaky but evened out with the second coat pretty well.


Ride the Waves is a blue jelly. This is the only other jelly in the collection. This has to be my least favorite color in the collection even thou its blue. I just cant stand how much VNL there still is with the 2 coats. The other jelly had way better coverage. But I do bet that this color would make one wicked glitter sandwich which I may have to try :)


Surfin' for Boys is an electric orange shimmer. Its crazy how warm and bright this color is. The application was sooo nice and its just insanely gorgeous!!! I usually don't like oranges but I am in love with this one!!!


Sun-kissed is a yellow shimmer with a green undertone. This color is the brightest out of the whole collection!!! As you can tell from the photos, which again don't do it justice. You do need a 3rd coat of this one to get rid of that VNL but its soooo pretty!! This will probably be my next pedicure color :)


Overall i'm very happy with this whole collection. I think next time id do 3 coats of every color just to get full coverage adn get rid of that VNL. All of that were really nice to apply besides the one. And they are all a must have for the summer and for anyone that loves a good neon. I especially love that 10 of the 12 have simmer in them which is not common in most neon's!!!

Anyways I hope you all enjoyed my first full collection review and hopefully ill have a chance to do another <3 Thanks for reading!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment