Sunday, April 8, 2012

Caviar accent nail!!!

Lately Ive been seeing a lot of post on flocking and caviar nails. These have really intrigued me as I love texture but never tried it on my nails really besides like rhinestones and glitter. But if I can feel it sticking up from my nail Ill usually pick it off. However I was still determined to try these, so first I decided to try a caviar accent nail.

I love the look of this and its soo easy but leave a big statement. My husband and family thought I was crazy but that's the fun part of this stuff.

For this manicure I started out with 2 coats of OPI DS Extravagance. I absolutely love this color, its sooo rich adn applies like a dream, you can easily get away with 1 coat of this.



Isn't she a beauty of a color? I then on my ring finger did 1 coat of Orly Bonder and then dipped my finger into the Michael's Recollections Passion Micro beads. I shock of any excess and used a toothpick to clean up the edges. I was going to leave them without a top coat but the bumpiness drove me nuts in like 2 minutes so I did a thick coat Gelous with a coat of Seche Vite and then did this again once dry to make the nails smooth. The color did run a but when I applied the Gelous so I had to clean the brush so that I didn't ruin it :)



I love the way it captures in a photo you can really see the texture but when you run your finger over it its incredibly smooth thanks to the Gelous. Ill defiantly try this again hopefully with multi colors.

Would you guys ever try this or flocking?


No comments:

Post a Comment